Please note that I expect you to purchase the listed edition for each title below. You may purchase ebooks in the listed edition when available, which should be the case for all of our required materials.
- M.H. Abrams and Geoffrey Galt Harpham, A Glossary of Literary Terms. 11th edition. Wadsworth Publishing. [ISBN-13: 978-1285465067] If you are planning on pursuing an English degree, I recommend that you get the most recent edition, which is available in paperback or as an eBook. If you are not an English major, you will be able to find many used copies of this book. If you buy a used edition, make sure that Harpham is listed as one of the authors since this indicates a more recent edition.
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Norton Critical ISBN: 978-0-393-92793-1)
The next three texts have been bundled together at a discounted rate by Broadview Publishers: The ISBN for that bundle of three books is 978-1-4881-0778-8. Individual ISBNs are found below.
- The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Volume 3: Restoration and 18th Century, 2nd Edition 
- The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Concise Volume B, 2nd Edition 
- Daniel Defoe, Moll Flanders 
Link to Course Homepage